Being part of the Community Laundry Co-op either as a member or a volunteer is very special. Every day, we see examples of the huge impact that belonging to and contributing to a community has on people’s lives. If you are interested in becoming a volunteer, contact us at email@example.com or 613-244-4762.
- Fundraising Committee member
- Laundry Services - Wash and Fold services - Committee member
- Board of Directors member
We are looking for people who are energetic, positive, outgoing and have good communications skills. Connections to community funding sources and experience in fundraising would be great assets to the committee.
- Learn about fundraising, proposal writing and sources of funding in the community
- Committee meets monthly and members also carry out individual tasks such as writing grant proposals or searching for prospective funding sources
- One of the Committee’s critical success factors is to have participants enjoy themselves while they work, so meetings usually take place over potluck dinners in Committee members’ homes.
We are looking for energetic people with a strong commitment to making the wash and Fold service work and want to be part of an innovative approach to resolving complex social issues. This committee provides support and advice on matters related to the program including policy, funding and operational issues.
Through the CLC’s Laundry Services program, members do laundry contracts on a commercial basis for organizations such as gyms, doctors’ offices and spas among others. This means that low-income individuals, many of whom have difficulty finding employment, can participate in a mentoring program and develop life skills while contributing to the Co-op and the community.
The following assets would be of great assistance to the Laundry Services Committee:
- Experience in community economic development
- Business experience to help ensure that we adopt sound business practices
- Commercial laundry experience
- Knowledge and networks in the Ottawa community
We are looking for enthusiastic new board members with knowledge and skills in policy, finance, law, management, administration and/or personnel.
The Board is the legal authority for the Community Laundry Co-op, responsible for the effective governance of the organization. In order to focus the energy of the paid staff on serving Co-op members, the Board takes a “hands on” role in several management areas.
- Be part of the unique management board of a small organization where you can get first hand experience of all aspects of board membership and organizational management
With a small commitment of time, you can make a big difference in people’s lives. Our Laundry Services program provides delivery services to clients at various times during the week. We require drivers who are strong enough to carry the laundry bags.